5 Risks and Benefits of Liposuction
Liposuction and its Risks and Benefits
In the past decade, liposuction has helped hundreds of individuals around Dubai achieve a slimmer, healthier outlook. It is one of the most performed cosmetic procedures around the world for fat reduction. If you or anybody you know is planning on getting liposuction, read on to learn what risks are involved in the procedure and how to avoid them.
Benefits of Liposuction
Numerous cosmetic clinics offer Liposuction in Dubai, giving you myriad options to redefine the way you look. Here are some of the benefits that you can garner through this procedure:
– It helps you get the shape you want for your body. This is one of the biggest advantages of Liposuction and the primary reason why people decide to have it.
– It is a perfect procedure for the removal of lipomas, the fatty tumors in certain parts of the body.
– It can treat Gynecomastia in men. (The removal of fatty breast tissue.)
– It can treat Lipodystrophy syndrome where certain parts of the body develop excess fat.
– It reduces the risks of obesity after the procedure.
– It can treat conditions that occur as a result of excess weight loss.
– It treats excessive sweating in certain parts of the body.
– It improves the overall well-being of a person by inducing motivation to remain fit after the procedure.
– It increases self-confidence and boosts healthy and productive lifestyle.
Risks of Liposuction
– The procedure involves a slow healing process that can include moderate bruising or scarring that can last up to 4-months.
– You may have to suffer from possible vomiting for a few days after the procedure.
– The procedure could lead to nutritional deficiency as a result of malabsorptive operations.
– It can possibly cause thrombophlebitis. A condition in which a blood clot develops in a vein resulting in inflammation.
– You may feel temporary numbness in the specific areas that were treated.
– It may cause skin infections that may require surgery. Surgical procedures for these infections can leave scars.
– Treated areas can become inflamed with fluids oozing through the incision points.
– The friction resulting from cannulas may cause skin burns.
How to Avoid Risks and Complications
Only a reliable and experienced cosmetic surgeon can help you garner the full benefits of liposuction without any post-surgery complications. The best thing to do before surgery is to have a thorough consultation with your surgeon to understand the risks, recovery time and costs associated with the procedure. Your previous health records matter a lot when it comes to Liposuction or any other similar surgical procedure.
Talk to your health care provider and understand your options before choosing a surgical procedure for fat reduction. In addition, consult with the specialized surgeon to understand the risks of Liposuction for your health. Some people react well to a procedure like Liposuction while others develop complications. The right information can help you make an informed decision so you can garner the look you want painlessly.