Dr. Shailesh Matkar
Specialist General Surgery
Dr. Shailesh Matkar is a specialized General surgeon with a vast experience in the field of general and Day Care surgeries for the last 15 years. Apart from common areas of General Surgery, he has special interest in Breast Cancer Risk estimation and risk reduction. He performs all minor and major Surgical procedures. He has been a core member of the surgical team in various multi-specialty hospitals in Dubai and India for last 15 years. Dr Shailesh received his training and later worked in Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India, and as a consultant at Seven Hills Hospital, Mumbai.
He has special interests in THD (Non Surgical hemorrhoids (Piles) treatment), fistula, fissures and pilonidal sinus as well as vascular surgery for varicose veins. In addition, he has extensive experience in surgery for Gallstones, Hernia and Appendix. He specializes in breast onco-plastic surgery and has developed his own onco-plastic techniques in breast conservation surgery, sentinel lymph node biopsy, and nipple sparing mastectomy.
Book Appointment Now
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Treatment of hernia, hydrocele, piles, fissures, fistula-in-ano
- Management of various lumps
- Management of varicose veins
- Diagnosis and management of benign and malignant breast conditions
- Diabetic foot treatment
- Breast cancer genetic counselling, with risk estimation and management
- Abdominal hernias
- Management of non-healing ulcers